Our Organic Agave Inulin Powder is a “super fiber” that has a neutral, clean, mildly sweet flavor
Agave inulin is a low glycemic sweetener, making it a healthy alternative for diabetics and those watching their blood sugar levels
Scientific studies have shown that inulin may help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of certain cancers, and increase the absorption of nutrients, such as calcium and magnesium
Organic Inulin from agave has the added benefit of being very soluble in cold water, meaning it can be incorporated into beverages, baked goods, dairy products, and as a substitute for the properties of fat, without the high calories of sugar
Our Organic Agave Inulin Powder not only works like fiber, but may also act as a prebiotic to support intestinal health
Agave contains saponins and according to experts saponins, which are found on a variety of plant roots such as ginseng, have anti-inflammatory, immune system-boosting and antimicrobial properties
A significant historical use of agave included it being used by the Aztecs to treat wounds and prevent infection
Some possible traditional uses of Organic Agave Inulin powder may include:
* Neutral, clean, sweet flavor – about 25% as sweet as sugar
* May act as a prebiotic, supporting digestive and immune health
* Mimics the properties of fat, which may improve the palatability of low fat foods
* May support the absorption of nutrients including calcium and magnesium
* May support the healing of wounds
* May have anti-inflammatory, immune system-boosting and antimicrobial properties
* Acts as a low glycemic sweetener
* May support healthy weight loss
* Water soluble
Constituents in Agave Inulin include:
* Sugars: Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Starch
* Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese and Selenium
* Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate (DFE), Vitamin A (RAE), Beta Carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol), Vitamin K (phylloquinone)
* Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt, or add to your favorite smoothie. Also try adding to raw chocolate recipes, superfood drinks, smoothies, baked goods, yogurt and dairy products
Botanical Source: Agave tequilana
Other Names: blue agave, tequila agave, mezcal or maguey, Chicory Extract, Chicory Inulin, Dahlia Extract, Dahlia Inulin, Extrait de Chicorée, Extrait de Dahlia, Inulina, Inuline, Inuline de Chicorée, Inuline de Dahlia, Long-chain Oligosaccharides, Oligosaccharides, Oligosaccharides à Chaîne Longue, Prebiotic, Prébiotique.
Parts Used: Agave Leaf.
Ingredients: Organic Agave Inulin.
Origin: Grown and extracted in Mexico. Packaged with care in Nigeria.
Certifications: USDA Certified Organic